Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Let the Truth be told...


 It's 2:30 in the morning and I just woke up from a sound sleep. I've always heard that if that happens, God is waking you to pray.

To be honest, I didn't want to. My prayers lately feel weak and ineffective, but I started to pray anyway...for my kids, finances, my family, whatever came to mind. That's when a phrase started rolling around in my head. It's based on my one word/phrase for the year. Truth.

Seems like it's getting harder and harder to find truth in our world. Somewhere along the way, people believed the lie that TRUTH is relative - different for everyone. But if it's subjective, then how can it be Truth? I understand that everyone can have an experience that is true for them, but that's not the same as Truth with a capital T.

I won't make this long - I'm honestly hoping to go back to sleep, but I felt like I HAD to write this down...we'll see where it goes.

I know for the past year I have felt lied to and outside of my family and closest friends, have felt like I didn't know who to trust anymore. My government, the media, you know - those that seem to run things and often have the loudest voices. But it's time to start praying for the TRUTH to be told. It's time to embrace Truth and for that to happen, we have got to first let go of the lies. Our arms are full of them - lies we tell ourselves, lies we tell others, lies that run our lives. And it's time to say enough.

It's time to let go of all the lies and embrace, hold tight, to the truth.

How does that happen? I'm not sure...but I do know it begins with me. It begins with me being honest with myself and those around me. No little fibs as the kids call them - let's call them what they are. Lies - from the father of lies. They creep in quietly and set up root and before you know it, they try to crowd out the truth. They masquerade as Truth, but they are merely experiences or feelings - both of which can lie to us.

So...starting now, I'm letting go of the lies and I'm embracing Truth. I will do my best to make my words honest and true in every situation both to myself and others. I know I don't have to be harsh, in fact, I should speak the truth in love...that means with kindness, not judgment. I'm in no position to judge.

I'm not sure what this will look like, but I know it's right. And that is my middle of the night prayer that I am sharing.

Lord, 

Bring the Truth to the surface and help us embrace that which is True, Honest, and Just.

Philippians 4:8 KJV

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Amen...and good night.

P.S. In searching for a photo to use with this blog, I was struck by how many showed a Bible as a picture of Truth...thought I'd share...


Bible Photo by Timothy Eberly on Unsplash

Truth Photo by Michael Carruth on Unsplash

1 comment:

Unknown said...

When I saw the notification that you had shared a link, "Let the Truth be Told", I clicked on it thinking it was going to be where you shared a link to the song. When your post came up and I saw it was a blog, I knew I had to read it. It is exactly what has been on my mind lately, too! In fact, the song is a huge reason it has been on my mind a lot, along with the things you mentioned in this blog. I'm sure you've heard the song I'm talking about, but for anyone who may read this comment that doesn't know, it is called "Let the Truth Be Told" and is sung by Matthew West. Easily found on You Tube and definitely worth listening to - especially after reading this blog. In fact, I'm going to have to go listen to it now. Thank you for sharing your heart, Donna! You were an inspiration to me in school and continue to be an inspiration to me now!