Friday, April 25, 2014

Feeling the weight of the wait...

Okay, I admit it. I thought my re-post of my last blog was for someone else. Yeah, right. Like most things I write, they are for me. If anyone else gets anything from them, that's Lagniappe.

Right now, I find myself waiting on revelation as to what to do in some areas of my life. I followed God's lead to the best of my ability and thought it would be an easy process. I did what I knew to do and now I am waiting on what comes next. Waiting on God's timing is never easy, but today I'm really feeling the weight of the wait.

In my head, I know that God's timing is perfect, that He knew every one of my days before even one of them came to be, that He knows what the plan is even if I haven't got a clue. That's in my head...but my heart feels heavy, wondering what's up.

I'm not really good at waiting. I live life at high speed and I always like to know what's coming. I want to know step by step directions with the assurance that if I do "x" then "y" will happen, don't really have time for waiting. But life doesn't work that way. Life has all these pesky variables and the fact that things do not necessarily revolve around what I want. Oh, please tell me I'm not the only one who deals with these flaws in my nature.

I'm trying to make the best of the "waiting" but not sure how well I'm doing. While I'm not sure what God has in store, I do know that each day He places before me the opportunity to serve Him by serving others. I do not know what tomorrow holds; but He is already there, and it will surely be an adventure. It always is.

This blog will be incredibly short simply because I have not yet come to any real answers. All I know is that I will wait and trust that God knows what is best for me and my family far better than I do. I will do my best to lift the wait up to Him and I trust that in the process, God will make me strong...cause that's what happens when you work out with waits. (Yes, I do know I used the wrong one here! It went against the English teacher in me, but I just couldn't resist the pun.)

I'll keep you posted....

Isaiah 40:27 - 31

The Message (MSG)
27-31 Why would you ever complain, O Jacob,
    or, whine, Israel, saying,
God has lost track of me.
    He doesn’t care what happens to me”?
Don’t you know anything? Haven’t you been listening?
God doesn’t come and go. God lasts.
    He’s Creator of all you can see or imagine.
He doesn’t get tired out, doesn’t pause to catch his breath.
    And he knows everything, inside and out.
He energizes those who get tired,
    gives fresh strength to dropouts.
For even young people tire and drop out,
    young folk in their prime stumble and fall.
But those who wait upon God get fresh strength.
    They spread their wings and soar like eagles,
They run and don’t get tired,
    they walk and don’t lag behind.

No comments: