Monday, October 13, 2014

Can you imagine?

Today as I ran, or attempted to run, 5 miles, I heard a song about God's love and plan for us being greater than we could ever imagine; and it got me thinking. What do I "imagine"? I used to have a pretty big imagination, but as I've gotten older I have to admit, it's not so vivid any more. At times it's about as difficult to imagine as it is to top the next hill that stands in my way...and I trudge on.

I am not like others I know that are truly talented. I look at what they are doing for God and I think, I'd have never thought of that! My thoughts are so much more mediocre...

So on about mile 3, I started wondering, "What does God have for me that I can't imagine?" What does God's plan included that I don't see...that I don't even imagine could be?

Yesterday in church our pastor shared Acts 2:17:  
"This is what the prophet Joel announced would happen:
“In the Last Days,” God says,
“I will pour out my Spirit
    on every kind of people:
Your sons will prophesy,
    also your daughters;
Your young men will see visions,
    your old men dream dreams."

I have to wonder, how many of us who have served God for a while have forgotten how to dream? What once was so easy now seems impossible simply because life can be so daily...

But this promise..."In the Last Days," God says, "I will pour out my Spirit....Your young men will see visions, your old men dream dreams." This sounds like a promise that even when life has drained us of imagination and dreams, God is ready to give them back to us once again.

It's just a random thought....one that I want to grab hold of. God, I want to imagine again... 

I'm ready to dream. How about you?

No comments: