Sunday, December 14, 2014

All I want for Christmas is.....less

Yes, you read that right. All I want for Christmas is LESS! I don't want any presents this year, unless of course someone wants to buy me a new mop bucket (mine has a crack in it). Other than that I have all that I need. In fact, I've got MORE than I need. That is why this year, I have decided I want less for Christmas.

I want less clutter - to make more time to relax.
I want less drama - to make room for more joy. 
I want less (fewer) presents - to make more time to spend with those who I care about.
I want less food - I've already gained plenty this year...maybe we could give all that extra to those who truly need it.
I want less (fewer) excuses - so that I can spend time getting healthy.
I want less work - so I can spend more time enjoying life. (Okay - so I know I'll still have to work, but I'll bet I can find a way to make it more fun!)

I want less me - so I can have more of Him, the one who came as a baby that first Christmas so many years ago.

Anyone care to join me as we enjoy less this year?
 

Matthew 6:33 (VOICE) 

Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and then all these things will be given to you too. 
 
Proverbs 15:16
 
It is better to live with less and honor the Eternal than to have riches and carry the burdens that come with them.

No comments: