Saturday, October 21, 2017

Trying something a little different for a while.

For a while, I'm going to try something a little different with my blog. Life has been so busy, I haven't had a lot of time to simply sit and write, (you probably don't really have time to read long blogs either)...but that doesn't mean the random thoughts have stopped coming! So, for a while, I'm going to try posting much shorter random thoughts - I'll leave it to you to make the connections!


In service a couple of weeks ago, I had this random thought...do you know who my Daddy is?

When I was growing up, everyone knew my daddy. We weren't rich, but he had a good name and it opened a lot of doors. I'm so very thankful for the character of my father and for his good name.

On the flip side, we've all seen those characters in movies - the ones who are obnoxious and privileged acting simply because of who their father is. They are misusing their family name, but it does not negate the power of that name.

That got me to thinking - why am I not walking into situations with confidence? Not arrogance, mind you, but confidence. I mean, after all - do you know who MY Daddy is? He has given me His name and it will open doors and save me despite my failings.

How about it? Would you walk through your days with a bit more confidence and daring knowing that you can say, "Do you know who my Daddy is?"

No comments: