Friday, January 4, 2013

2012 in Review




I was just reading one of the blogs that I follow, At Home With Kim (http://www.athomewithkim.com) and discovered a wonderful idea. She took a look back at the year through her blogs. What a neat idea, so like any good teacher, when I see a good idea I steal - I mean BORROW it!

The idea is to pick one blog from each month of the past year. Some are my favorites, others seemed by the number of comments, to be reader favorites. In it all, it's been a wonderful year.



January - As usual, it started with One word 


February - I undertook reading the Bible through chronologically (which I did not complete) and discovered that Reading the Bible was messing with my theology



March brought battles with blood sugar and some personal challenges. In the midst of it all, some favorite blogs came back to mind: Broken Crayons and Wake up Sleepy-head!
  

April was really fun and I celebrated my 53 birthday and experienced my first Warrior Dash

May means the end of another school year and my daughter's prom and graduation...Never once... did I expect to be so blessed.

June brought lots of classes for me as I returned to school. It also brought thoughts on Raising Kids and Haircuts

July...well, my favorite from July was actually a repost: So you had a bad day...

August brought a hurricane expected to hit on the anniversary of Katrina...Seven years ago...
September - I must have been busy in September because writing slowed down and other than a couple of reposts, nothing stood out. In October, my husband and I celebrated 30 years of marriage. Wow...seems like just yesterday we said "I do." Meanwhile, the rest of the nation was heating up for an election and in response, I posted three posts: The day after the election and The day after the election part 2 and even a part 3.
November brought my son getting his driver's permit, and a humorous thought: Nobody looks "fine" with a toilet in the background



and a resolution to get rid of some of the clutter in my life with
a resolution I did NOT keep...still battling the clutter around here.


We finally came to the end of the year and FINALLY a Christmas that came with a revelation: Not enough at Christmas
and some much needed peace.

And now we are in January....it's been quite a year - of challenges and blessings. 

So how was your year? I challenge you to look back and realize, no matter what happened, just how blessed it has been.











No comments: